Tiny Tips 19: 5 Top Tips When Shooting Tethered
- Try it out beforehand with the particular computer and camera that you will be using. Hardware has a way of doing strange things when you least expect it.
- Shoot to CF card and hard disc simultaneously. That way if your file gets corrupted en-route to the computer, you’ll at least have a backup in the card.
- Ensure that you have enough space in both locations.
- Ensure that your power outlets and computers are well grounded. Improperly earthed outlets could end up sending a current through the camera’s body giving the photographer shocks and putting all your equipment at risk.
- Have a backup cable in your camera bag, and an extension too. Bring a lot of tape to tape it down to a secure surface.