The Lens Buying Guide for Beginners
If you’re a new photographer, you may be looking for a lens buying guide to help you on your journey. These Beyond Photo Tips guides will help you pick out the exact lens that you need to get the job done when it comes to a specific type of photography. There’s nothing better than having the right tool for the right job, and that’s what these articles help you find – the right tool.
Beyond Photo Tips has a library of lens buying guides for you. In addition to explaining which lenses are the best, we also go into why they’re the best. The links to all those Lens Selection Guides are listed below.
Lens Selection Guides:
These guides are not just lists of lenses. They’re actual guides that tell you what you would need to look for in a lens for a particular style of photography.
- Lenses for Portrait Photography
- Lenses for Macro Photography
- Lenses for Sports Photography
- Lenses for Architectural Photography
- Lenses for Photojournalism
- Lenses for Landscape Photography
- Lenses for Still-life Photography
- Lenses for Nature & Wildlife Photography
- Walkabout Lenses
How To Use the Guides:
It’s a simple process, really.
- Figure out the type of photography that you want to explore.
- Read the appropriate article to find out which lenses you should be exploring.
- Try out the lenses, you could borrow one from a friend, or rent one from a lens rental.
- If you’re satisfied that our suggestion, and your pick, is the right lens, then go out and buy the lens yourself.
- If not, then try one of the other lenses selected to find out which one suits your style of photography.
- Repeat until satisfied
- Enjoy taking photographs with some really sweet lenses. 😀
Why So Many Guides:
The guides are divided up into various photography disciplines. They address the needs of those disciplines in particular.
Most lenses perform well for multiple uses across photography disciplines. But sometimes certain lenses will far exceed others for a particular job. These are the ones that we list in these lens guides – the excellent ones.
However, photographers will often use every type of lens that they can lay their hands on. This is because they’re always trying to create an image that looks different … a different style of image.
That in turn means that these guides can never be entirely comprehensive for every photographer. It remains up to you … the photographer; to experiment and learn which lenses suit your style of photography, and to learn how to get the most from each lens that you use. What we offer is merely a beginning point for your exploration.
Click through above to start reading. The titles are self-explanatory.
Suggest Lenses to Help Us Complete the Series!
This series is incomplete, as you can see. E-mail me about a particular lens that you would like to be included. If you make a compelling argument for the lens, you will see it added to the appropriate guide.