Sony announced their latest high-resolution full-frame mirrorless camera, the a7R V on October 26th. The camera is the long-awaited upgrade to the Sony Alpha 7R IV, which was announced over 3 years ago, in July 2019. The Sony Alpha 7R V comes with a dramatically improved autofocus system which is based on AI models, a faster processing capacity giving it 8K 24p video output capabilities, better in-camera image stabilization up to 8 stops, and a 4-axis multi-angle touchscreen. The camera will be available for pre-order on October 27th and is priced at $3,898.
Key Features of the Sony A7R V
- 61MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ XR & AI Processing Unit
- AI-Based Real-Time Tracking AF System
- 8K 24p, 4K 60p, FHD 120p 10-Bit Video
- 4K 16-Bit Raw Output; S-Log3/S-Cinetone
- 9.44m-Dot EVF with 120 fps Refresh Rate
- 3.2″ 4-Axis Multi-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- 10 fps Shooting with AF/AE Tracking
- 8-Stop 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- Dual CFexpress Type A/SD Card Slots
Official Sony Announcement Video
Review Videos of the Sony a7R V
Help Us To Continue Creating
Get our email newsletter to stay up-to-date with our latest posts. It’s easy to read and is mailed once in 2 weeks.
The easiest way to support Beyond Photo Tips is by using our affiliate links when you buy anything at all. It will never cost you anything extra, and we get a small commission from it, which helps us a LOT! Links below.
Some of the links to products on this website are affiliate links, and we only ever link out to gear that we recommend.
You could also show your appreciation by buying us a coffee. Finally, we appreciate you being a part of the community, so do say hi!