You can tell that I’m excited, can’t you? Canon’s gone on a rampage and released some cameras that are truly brilliant. The recent EOS 50D, and now this… The Canon EOS 5D mkII. To avoid looking like a Canon loony (which I’m sure I must look like to some), I’m just going to list some of the cool features, and link to the press release and an in-depth preview of the camera.
- 21 megapixel CMOS sensor (very similar to the sensor in the EOS-1Ds Mark III)
- ISO 100 – 6400 calibrated range, ISO 50 – 25600 expansion (1Ds Mark III & 5D max ISO 3200)
- 3.9 frames per second continuous shooting
- RAW and SRAW1 (10 MP) / SRAW2 (5 MP)
- AF microadjustment (up to 20 lenses individually)
- Three custom modes on command dial, Creative Auto mode
- 3.0” 920,000 dot LCD monitor with ‘Clear View’ cover / coatings, 170° viewing angle
- Automatic LCD brightness adjustment (ambient light sensor)
- Live view with three mode auto-focus
- Movie recording in live view (1080p H.264 up to 12 minutes, VGA H.264 up to 24 mins per clip)
- Full audio support
- New 1800 mAh battery with improved battery information
- New optional WFT-E4 WiFi / LAN / USB vertical grip
- Water resistance: 10 mm rain in 3 minutes
Ok… Enough drool… We’ll be back with some photography posts real soon.